Week in Pictures: 3rd Week of December
December 15 – 21, 2014
M O N D A Y
- Storming all day. Had a cozy day with my mom and dad (who were visiting) at my house. We went to Trader Joe’s and Safeway at around 5 pm which was already very dark just to get out of the house. We bought all kinds of goodies and snacks.
- Took mom to a Christmas Tree Lot. She loved the smell of pine trees.
- Dinner with my parents at Bowl’d, a Korean restaurant in Oakland. They really liked the grilled mackerel that they ordered.
T U E S D A Y
- Dropped my parents off at my sister’s house after we went shopping at Costco. Bought my dad a jacket since he is always cold no matter how many layers he is wearing.
W E D N E S D A Y
- I was supposed to go back to work but was feeling under the weather. I hate calling in but a nice cup of Snickerdoodle-flavored coffee and bagels with salmon cream cheese made me feel better. Then I truly enjoyed the rest of my day wrapping presents and enjoying the tree. I am getting attached to my little nutcracker cup.8)
T H U R S D A Y
- Make up haul with my girls at Sephora at Union Square. We were there for about an hour putting make up on using the samples. LOL! I treated myself to Buxom lip gloss, face powder and eyeliner.
- Annual hoiday drinks with my girls at the Clock Bar at St. Francis Hotel at Union Square in SF. Had to see the gingerbread display. This year it was a rotating cake. The girls and I shared yummy drinks and exchanged presents. My Christmas is now complete after seeing and spending time with my best girls!!!
- We walked through Union Square which was magical with the giant Christmas tree. We parted ways in front of Crate and Barrel and I continued shopping. Found some great presents for friends – travel diary and luggage tags.
F R I D A Y
- Met up with BFF Heather at the SF’s historic Palace Hotel to look at the giant ginger bread house during our lunch time. The storm did not deter us from meeting up! I love gingerbread houses! They make me wish I can live in one. I probably would end up eating my house though! LOL! Then we sat inside the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain for the little bit just talking and watching the rain. It was a short and sweet hour of friendship.
S A T U R D A Y
- Saturday was fun and insane at the same time! Went to my brother and sister-in-law’s house early in the morning so we could plan for my dad’s birthday. She fed me a traditional Filipino breakfast of longanisa, fried egg and rice first. YUM!
- All we were able to do was book the venue and order the cake then I got roped into doing all kinds of things like picking up my uncle’s newly bought car.
- Then picking up my parents after hearing that my dad is feeling sad. I took my mom, dad and nephew to Denny’s. I had banana pancakes and eggs.
- Then took them window-shopping at Target and Ross.
- I was exhausted by the time I got home. The BF bought me poke which was my dinner then I passed out on the couch while we were watching Captain America. I was so exhausted!
S U N D A Y
- Beautiful Christmas presentation at church. I got teary-eyed while watching my nephews and niece perform their parts. They are so talented! So proud of them!
- Took my parents to a Hawaiian restaurant. More eating = 4 pounds this holiday season! YIKES!
An exhausting week but I was beyond ecstatic for being able to spend so much time with my family. So grateful for their love, my beautiful friends, quality time with my mom and dad and delicious meals.