*PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SKIP MY MUSINGS AND GO DIRECTLY TO THE RECIPE.
Hello, friends! Hope you had a lovely Easter with your loved ones (for those who celebrate). We celebrated with Mr Sweetie’s family in the suburbs while my family was in Hawaii. It was a treat to be able to barbecue as the weather was perfectly mild as compared to where we live this side of the San Francisco Bay Area. I wish I can talk about pretty flowers and gorgeous spring time weather but it has been winter in April in the Bay Area! We had a couple of days of warm summer weather last week. All of a sudden, the temperatures dropped to the 40s and will not even go past 60s all day! My puffy coat and sweaters are back out of the closet — in mid-April! How ridiculous is that!
We had the much needed couple of days of rain which we badly needed as California is heading, if not there yet, to a drought. Now I am looking forward to sunny and gorgeous days that are bursting with flowers!
May April continue to bring you April showers and lovely May flowers, and gorgeous sunny days!
Life continues to be busy and I continue to dream of being home to bake, read and blog while I am working in my office in San Francisco. Now, don’t get me wrong. I love what I do, my work space and my co-workers. I just wish I can bake, cook, read, write and take photos when I want to!
I am still cooking and making new stuff that are mostly very simple such as these bite-size Mozzarella Almond Flour Muffins. My sister gave me a big bag of shredded mozzarella that I really need to use up and I picked up a bag of almond flour. I am also have been pretty good adapting a more healthy lifestyle with no meat. I thought I would experiment yesterday while making Saturday brunch at the same time. These muffins were ready in less than 30 minutes! So easy, so quick and require only three ingredients. And most of all, they make for healthy snacks or appetizers as they are low in the carbs department. They are best warm but pretty held up even in room temperature. If you ever make these savory muffins, please let me know what you think!
Mozzarella Almond Flour Bites
(Makes 12 mini muffins)
Equipment: mini-muffin tin
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, dairy or vegan (optional)
- parsley (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray mini-muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix shredded cheese, almond flour and egg until combined.
- Spoon into mini-muffin tin using a teaspoon.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Serve with toppings. Optional but they make these yummy muffins even more yum!
- PARSLEY BUTTER: Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Mix with chopped parsley. Brush cheese bites with parsley butter.
- CAYENNE PEPPER: Dust with cayenne pepper after baking.
Did you make these Mozzarella Almond Flour Muffins? Please let me know by leaving a comment below.